No relation is perfect, fights and disagreements are common in most of the relationships but there is always a limit of everything and there are signs that can predict the future of the relationship.
Some habits can we considered totally normal but recognizing a toxic relationship in the early phases is very important for your mental and physical health. There are some serious personality traits that you should always look for into your relationship to judge whether you are in right relationship or you should call an abort.
Being a relationship counselor for many years, I got an opportunity to hear many couples in my life, some of them are in a healthy relationship but they needed some lifestyle changes but some of them were really toxic relationships. This article will help you get a better Idea to do justice to your relationship.
Signs your relationship is toxic for you.
- Is it all about taking? One of the most visible evidence of toxic relationship can be seen when your relations is all about taking. A relationship is a two-way road and if the love is true between the couple then it is always given and take. It’s not always about monetary give and takes, it’s about mental and spiritual support as well.
- Trust issues: if there is always a trust issue in a relationship then you might be in a toxic relationship. But before certifying your relationship as a toxic it’s important to know whether the trust issues are because of over possessiveness due to some past experience. A couple should see a couple therapist to have a clear vision of the relation.
- Excess of self love (narcissism): if your partner is excessive self obsessed then you have probably landed yourself into the wrong relationship. Love is all about what you are willing to give instead of what you are willing to take and narcissist person is never suitable for any relationship.
- Negativity: if there is always a footprint of negativity when you are together then you are probably in a wrong relation.
- Hostile atmosphere: if your partner has a physically violent nature then you should definitely get yourself out of a relationship, physically violent partners are better suitable behind the bars not in your bed.
- Disrespect: the day when you start losing respect for your partner, is the day when your relationship starts to decay. Respect is one of the most important ingredients of any relationship and if your partner doesn’t respect you, that means you deserve a better partner in your life.
- Do you feel unworthy? With the presence of disrespect within your relationship do you often feel unworthy of anything? If yes then your relationship has become toxic for you and you should probably plan an exit now.
So we have discussed the toxic relationships but we are also required to figure out the signs of a healthy relationship as well. So let’s explore that.
Signs you are in a healthy relationship
- If your partner is matured enough to let you enjoy your personal space then you are definitely into a positive and healthy relationship.
- You feel positive about your life? If yes then you are in a perfect relationship, mental positivity is the primary pillar of relationship, mental positivity leads to better life and greater satisfaction.
- Fights and disagreements don’t mean you are in a toxic relationship, fights and disagreements are important to every relationship, they insure that both the partners possess equal status in relation.
- Good sex: a great pleasure doesn’t come with the size of the shaft or how long you can last in bed, good sex comes with the connection you are able to establish in your relationship. One of the major benefits of experiencing good sex is it reduces the dissatisfaction in the relationship.
- You take care of each other
- If you feel safe and secured while being with your partner and you can completely trust him/her then you are in a very healthy relationship, trust is the most important factor of any relation.
- Joint decisions are an important part of the healthy relationship, it verifies the equal status of both the partners.